Warehouse/Utility Yard Associate
CountryUnited States of America
Job TypeFull-Time Regular
Anixter, we help build, connect, protect, and power valuable assets and
critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to
video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer
full-line solutions—and intelligence—that create reliable, resilient systems
that can sustain your business and community. Through our unmatched global
distribution network, supply chain management expertise and technical know-how,
we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit your bottom line.
This is a dual role that will be approximately 70% various day-to-day
administrative duties providing support to the warehouse operations team and
30% warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns,
forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all
Runs daily, weekly, and monthly reports, stock receipts, and other reports that
are relevant to the position.
• Maintains accounts receivable files for customers.
• Matches customer pick-up and delivery tickets for accuracy.
• Provides operation support as assigned by manager.
• Answers multi-line phone and routes calls to appropriate personnel.
• Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking,
staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
• Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks,
shelves, or vehicles.
• Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
• Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to
prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
• Verify computations against physical count of stock.
• Maintains condition of work area(i.e. free of trash, product in correct
location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages
other associates to do the same.
• Receive and fill orders or supplies, materials, and products to installers
• May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated
locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Broad computer skills
• Knowledge of machines and tools.
• Forklift experience.
• Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors
such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may
cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability
to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make
repetitive movements, including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or
calculator, bending, or squatting.
• Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is
frequent opportunity to move about.
• On occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
Excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurances
• 401(k) with company match
• Tuition assistance
• Paid holidays and vacation
Job GroupOperations Associates