Job TypeFull-Time Regular
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Lead the operations of our distribution center in support of company goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, strategic and operations planning for the branch, including financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Provides input and feedback on all operations, processes and results to the Sr Operations Manager.
• Develops a strategy that outlines the capacity planning requirements, including facilities, equipment, and staff, to meet the current and anticipated growth goals of the company. Maintains documented procedures for work processes.
• Provides clear expectations on metrics and goals to all site associates. Manages performance of DC management and associates and recognizes, trains, coaches, counsels, and takes corrective action when warranted.
• Manages dedicated delivery processes and carrier services. Partners with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
• Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics and profits and losses to measure the performance of business.
• Maintains compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
• Manages fleet resources to meet daily customer service delivery requirements.
• Manages slotting and storage layout for optimum efficiency.
• Ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory. Ensures compliance with processes and procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels and prevent shrinkage.
We are looking for candidates with:
• 5-10 years’ experience preferred, specifically in distribution center facilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications(e.g. Excel)
• Experience managing a group or team of individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
401k with 50% company match
Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
Employee Assistance Program
Life insurance programs
Short and Long Term Disability programs
Health saving options(FSA and HSA)
Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran